Sunday, July 5, 2009

I had really big plans for a blog post for the 4th of July. I love 4th of July. I love my country. I love my flag. I love everything about it, so I had really big plans for a blog post.

Then we all became the Children of the Corn. Friday was the day. We put up 564, let me repeat, FIVE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FOUR ears of corn on Friday. No flag-picture-taking-field-trip on Friday.

Guess what, Saturday morning was String Bean Morning. Albeit, not nearly as bad as Corn Friday.

Therefore, no flag pictures, no 4th of July post.

But I can still tell you, I love my country. I love my flag. I love playing and singing The Star Spangled Banner. I appreciate my forefathers. I appreciate the ones who have fought and died as well as the ones who have fought and lived for my freedom.

May we always deserve that freedom. May we always be the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

"You gone eat yo' cawn bread?"
:)

cheryl said...

Beautiful post and perfectly said? and that is a lot of corn!

jweed said...

what is "putting up" ears of corn? educate me on the ways of the south! and i agree with you about the 4th. i can never sing the star-spangled banner without tears running down my cheeks. gets me every time.