Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthday Crayons

Have I ever told you that I was my daddy's Baby Girl???  Okay, okay, maybe a hundred times.


Well, take that and throw in a brother who's a) 9 years older than you, and b) had great talent for finding multiple ways of, well, being an older brother, and you get ........sibling experiences.


Take, for example, the day I was scarred for life because he took the rubber band out of my pony tail on the school bus.  On the way TO school.  I think I may have needed therapy for that.


But, as hard as that was to get over, and yes, I did get over it, I have learned to appreciate his other talents.


He knows how to throw a GREAT party:


He can seriously get you to tapping your toes:


But when he gets out his box of crayons:




he can do this:



and it makes him our own personal celebrity:


so let me be the first to say Happy Birthday to a great brother






Love you

(I forgive you for taking the rubber band out of my pony tail)

4 comments:

harold said...

If you still have the rubber band......I'll put it back...thanks and love Harold

Dan and Bec said...

I'd love to hear more stories Aunt Gloria. One of these days we need to spend some time with you and your family!!! Happy Birthday "Unka NaNa" as Abby would say.

mCat said...

What a nice post! And older brothers can cause so much trauma can't they? Every day my niece tells me that she is surprised I even still speak to her Dad after how mean he was to me : )

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

I love that you put a picture of him & Uncle Thomas-there aren't 2 people who remind me more of one another than those two! I love stories Grandma tells about when he was little. Hhhhhmmmm, I might have someone in my house that reminds me of him.