Wednesday, August 26, 2009






So, where have I been the last 3 weeks, you ask?

Or maybe you didn't.

I would like to say I've been on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean, or eating pizza in Venice. I would like to say alot of things.

However, I can say that I went on a 30-minute trip to a "French Restaurant" during my lunch hour one day last week, thanks to the "Julie/Julia" movie. It was great. (Ah, if Mohammed can't go to the mountain, Mohammed brings the mountain to him, right?) Anyway, I'll let the kiddo tell you about that, mostly because I can't spell French food. Heck, I can't even spell Englash. Unless it has words like cornbread in it. Plus, she took the pictures I'm taking credit for on this post.

But here's the other time-snatcher. I was so impressed by the older, married-with-children kiddo's savings at the grocery store, that I've gotten sucked up into the coupon tornado.

This actually takes more of my brain cells than learning to drive a car with 5 manual gears did.

Actual words from one of the coupon-meister's blogs: "Cut out all the coupons, even if it's something you don't use".

Okay, so now I have a coupon for Nicoderm in my pile.

I can now kick the smoking habit for $3.00 less. Oh, wait a minute. I don't smoke. Never even been tempted - you know, me being a Mormon and all.

Maybe Nicoderm has a non-active, fight-the-chocolate-habit ingredient that remained dormant until I clipped a coupon for it. "Give up Baby Ruth's from this day forward without all the nasty withdrawals. Just think, no more chocolate odor clinging to your clothes. No more of those pesky little peanuts in between your teeth."

Well, hey, it's Super Double coupon week at Harris Teeter.

So I can kick TWO habits this week for the price of one.

Hmmm, chocolate and Johnny Depp?

Nah

4 comments:

Annelise said...

hahaha this is so funny. this entry made me giggle.

Kelly said...

haha! like we always say at work, "And the idiot couldn't understand why I said rules are rules and no exceptions. Now, if it had been Johnny Depp, on the other hand......"

Kelly said...

p.s.-you know, it's amazing, he even SOUNDS hot. I think if someone ever recruited him to record readings of C.S. Lewis, I could die happy.

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Yeah, I'm still not sure why you clip everything (other than the you can make money off of it if it's free at RiteAid that week). Just telling you what I read.

It would be so nice if there were something for chocolate....unfortunately any coupon I've seen is to help you GET a discount on chocolate......