.........is to let me catch a ride down to the Promised Land and spend a weekend.
It was fabulous.
Not only because it just was, but because the last time I was there, my mama wasn't doing very well. No need to go into any details here, but she just wasn't doing very well at all.
Howsomever, I caught a ride with a very good best friend on the July 4th weekend (the ride itself being half the fun of the weekend), and not only is my mama doing better, I believe she's back to her former spry 91 year old self and when she and I went to church Sunday morning, I barely got the car parked before she threw open the door and went tearing out of that car. She had to hurry up and catch up with one of her girlfriends:
(she will probably be mad at me for posting this picture, but I ain't scared).
A real Independence Day for her to be sure.
Plus, the crepe myrtles were gorgeous:
Plus, the fact that I spent Saturday afternoon with the baby brother and his family. Road trip containing the following stops:
a) The new Mast General Store:
b) The Zesto for a little fried chicken;
c) The Krispy Kreme (where, for a limited time only, you can get a genuwine Cheerwine-filled doughnut. FYI, Dunkin' Doughnuts are pretend doughnuts - Krispy Kreme are the real-deal-Lucille)
It was a firecracker of a weekend! And I'm thinking I could stand to do that again real soon.
Here We Are
2 days ago









3 comments:
Sounds like a great road trip. So glad that you ma is feeling better. You are a good daughter.
Thank you Tim! You are always so very kind.
It WAS a good road trip. I'm very lucky to have a family that I have fun with.
Sounds like you've been able to visit with your mom as well. Don't you love it!
The real-deal-Lucille! Love that! And visits home with family are the best, glad to hear your Mom is doing well
Post a Comment