Thursday, July 21, 2011

Was it Worth It? Heck Yea

As the story goes, the only spanking I ever got from my Daddy was when I was about 3 years old.


I got a tomato from somewhere, took a bite out of it and put it back.


My daddy gave me a spanking for that.


With his silk necktie.


I'm thinking somebody should make a movie out of that.  I'm sure I was traumatized for weeks and had scars on my legs, wouldn't you think?


So the question is, was a nice, fresh juicy tomato worth getting a spanking over?


I'm thinkin' not just yea, but Heck Yea.


And I sure do appreciate a kind neighbor who brought more tomatoes over to us along about supper time tonight.





And Miss Cleo here is having a vision of a tomato sandwich for lunch in the future of tomorrow.


Bless my neighbor's heart is all I can say.  He doesn't know how happy he made me.

4 comments:

Annelise said...

that's so funny! sounds like something katie would do.. she never got spanked for it though!

Em said...

Only one spanking...if only Gabby were so lucky! Ha ha!! I bet it was worth it, even though I do not like tomatoes, I'd definitely take a whip for a cookie! =0)

cheryl said...

totally worth it! Those are some beautiful tomatoes.

mCat said...

Of course it was worth it. A tomato fresh from the garden, eaten like an apple is the BEST!

In fact, the thought is making my mouth water