The good news is, Irene did not blow any trees onto our house.
The bad news is, Mother Nature may be giving it another shot next weekend.
The good news is: this stool never moved through the whole thing. Not even an inch.
The bad news is, trees weren't so lucky. But our rural fire department was out late Saturday night and got at least one of them out of the road. We were mesmerized by the lights on the truck. As there were no other lights to be mesmerized by at the time.
The good news is, this pine tree made it through the hurricane.
The bad news is, it didn't make it through the thunderstorm 2 days later.
The good news is the freezer made it through the hurricane as it was hooked up to a generator.
The bad news is, when I went to get something out of it on Wednesday night, everything was thawed out. Even though it was still running. Happy Birthday to me.
Our week has ended with a previously unplanned trip to Raleigh this fine Sunday morning for the husband to have 5-minute laser whatever on his eye for a torn retina. The good news is, it wasn't detached and the Raleigh traffic was not bad at all.
I'm starting to think my name is Pharoh. Trouble is, I'm not holding anybody's people here as slaves to build my pyramids. I would let your people go if I had them. But I don't have them.
I hope the flies aren't what's next.
Here We Are
2 days ago










4 comments:
Holy cow!
WoW! been thinking of you and praying you were all well. I'm so glad you are ok but so sorry for the destruction. I can't believe that stool didn't move.
The good news is - this was a funny post and brought a smile. The bad news is all the crazy stuff that has been happening. Glad about your husband's eye. Thank you God. And happy birthday. I like how you snuck that in there. Many happy returns.
Holy cow! Glad you are safe. Crazy stuff.
Post a Comment