Monday, October 27, 2008

Primary Program

We finally had our Primary program today. For those of you just joining in, let me just fill you in. There I was, minding my own business teaching Gospel Doctrine Sunday School class since January of this year (after 2 1/2 years in Nursery and a gazillion other years in Primary or YW - ward and stake). Anyway, there I was, teaching SS, learning to be a responsible Relief Society attendee, when boom, I was called to be the Primary Chorister a month before the program. Now, let me tell you. I can play hymns and Primary songs all day long. However, I only sing middle C, and those Primary songs are all sung in the 25th octave. Nonetheless, I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. Fortunately, they've been working very well on them all year long, so all I really had to do was step in and mouth the words. The part I was really looking forward to the most, was to be there in front of the whole congregation, with my hindparts facing them. Thank goodness the kids are cute and are capable of capturing the audience. They really were great. Even the bigger boys sang. They even had one song that they sang by themselves. The Sunbeams started it off by singing the first verse of "I Am a Child of God" and it was the cutest thing ever. I think they could have been "checking their noses for foreign matter" and it wouldn't have made a difference. It was way cute.

Anyway, it only took me the first Sunday to say, "Okay, now I remember why you serve in Primary" because ya gotta love 'em. And the program today just verified it. It was great.

No comments: