Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Promised More to Follow

Now that I've had so much fun setting up my endless lists (I'm such a list person) and picking out colors and a picture and sorting and moving everything around, I'm trying to figure out what to post. It's sort of like planning a big party and then wondering what to do once the guests arrive.

Well, first, you have to know right off that the lists will grow ever longer and longer - all of them. I love making lists, especially when it's a to-do list and I get to scratch something off when it's finished. However, I'll just be adding to these lists.

Second, be mindful of the fact that one of my children, whom shall remain nameless, didn't just happen to fall in the Smart Aleck patch one day and walk out unaffected (you know who you are). Smart Aleck will most likely show up on my blog as well as hers. You can't fight genetics. However, I like to think that neither she nor I are ever Smart Aleck to the point of hurting someone's feelings. Anyway, Smart Aleck tendencies would be why Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies. I will leave you to figure out who my role model/hero is in that movie (hint - it's not Darryl Hannah).

Third, I love to be nosy, so all friends and family with blogs need to let me know how to get to yours. I like to see what music, books, etc. you like, what you're doing, and all of your business.

By the way. I started to make a list of "Movies I'll Never Watch Again As Long As I Live", but decided it would be taking up valuable real estate on my blog, so I'm putting them in this post.

#1 - Autumn in New York - this was a serious waste of Richard Gere;

#2 - The Elephant Man - watched it on tv one afternoon while I was cooking and it tore my nerves all to pieces. Will never do that to myself again (cook or watch the Elephant Man);

#3 - Of Mice and Men - See #2 above;

#4 - I can't remember the name right now but it was a cowboy movie and had Matt Damon in it and they went to Mexico to steal cows or something. See #1 above and insert Matt Damon in place of Richard Gere (at least this movie had some good music in it)

There are others. And unfortunately I've seen some of them. Even paid good money and drove all the way to town to go see them (the latest being the new version of "The Women").

And now, I must close and leave something for my next post. Probably my list of things I would like to do/places I would like to go (note - #1 on the list is Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah. Heck yea I've got my priorities straight).

4 comments:

Em said...

Yay you have a blog too!! Love Steel Magnolias, especially Weezer, she's my favorite character and always has the best lines "Get off my bench!" He he!! I need to watch the old version of "The Women" so I have something to compare it to. =0) So glad your blogging!!!

Missy said...

Sister Rowe!!! How are you??? We miss ya'll so much and I wish we could see those cute grandkids of yours. Give Ryan and Heather our love and tell them to invite us to their private blog....oh la la. =)

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

#4-All the Pretty Horses. Started my dislike of Penelope Cruz. Oh wait, that was the first movie I ever saw her in. But yes, it did have a great soundtrack.

Kelly said...

"Don't throw me in the briar patch, pleassssse!!!" The pot wants the kettle to know he's sorry. On your list you forgot "Bounce" and that dragon/tiger movie we never even finished (and only started at the recommendation of someone else). We should just become directors/screen writers, it is the only way the industry can be saved from itself. Signed, Grasshopper ;)