Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas to All, Y'all Come Back Now, You Hear


I don't normally post family pictures on this public blog, but this one is a must.

This past weekend, the kiddo and I headed SOUTH to the land of milk and honey (okay, well maybe collards and cornbread) -
BLYTHEWOOD. ("Tom Sawyer"declared that if he and his friends were good boys, God would permit them to be pirates. By the same token, if y'all are good, He may permit you to go to Blythewood some day).

Anyway, my brother the artist (or as my younger brother says"
The artist formerly known as Harold), was asked to be the Grand Marshal of the Blythewood, Christmas parade. I emphasize CHRISTMAS parade, because last year he made his opinion clear in some public form or other, that Blythewood does not have a Holiday Parade, as stated in the newspaper or something - Blythewood has a CHRISTMAS parade. ("The Family" feels very strongly about that. As a matter of fact, we feel very strongly about alot of things)

Anyway, he asked my cousin to drive him in his 1967 Camero (my kitchen floor should be as clean as this car), my niece and said cousin's daughter preceded them with the "Grand Marshal" banner, my nephew and said cousin's son, passed out BIG Snicker's bars which they carried in their plastic Food Lion bags (I had to take my clothes out of the bags first - that's some valuable luggage). Candy bars had "Merry Christmas from Harold B." stickers on the back (told ya - Merry Christmas is extremely important here).


The artist, formerly known as Harold.



Okay, I was amazed at this truck - it is for the Blythewood High School Band - carried their band instruments I presume. I took as many pictures of this truck as I did of the floats in the parade. I couldn't believe it. As far as I know, Pitt County high school band members bring their instruments on the raggedy old Pitt County Schools Activity Bus with them when they travel. This truck was unbelievable to me.


4 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

I love it! I want to go to Blythewood now. It sounds like my kinda town! Thanks for sharing!

Mamafamilias said...

You come on, girl. My mama would love you. Luke would love riding on Uncle Harold's John Deere tractor with him and Carman would love feeding the fish in the pond. We ride the golf cart down to the pond and feed them. That's the first thing Miss E wants to do when her eyes open up in the mornings.

regina said...

this is great!!! i love you outspoken branhams, just speaking your mind.

Mamafamilias said...

Bless your heart. We love you, too.