This might be one of those "You just had to be there" or more pointedly, "You just have to be as big a crybaby as I am" kind of things, so I don't know if this will come across in the same way that it affected me.
Today, our Primary went to a local nursing home to sing some Christmas songs for them. Before we went, they had made cards and little bookmarks to give to the ladies and gentlemen there. After we finished singing, the children all commenced to getting the cards and distributing them. So I'm just kind of standing there and one of the little boys comes running by me toward one of the little girls, and he tells her "Here you go (calls her name) - I found somebody you can give one to. You can give one to that girl over there."
Again, me being the crybaby that I am, it brought tears to my eyes because:
a) The little girl he said that to is generally pretty shy, so I guess she hadn't really run right out to find someone to give a card to, so he was looking out for her, helping her and being her friend, and
b) The fact that he called this 80-something year old lady a "girl" touched me because he didn't see someone old and past their "expiration date" so to speak. He saw someone who was another child of God like him and all the other Primary children there today.
It was a great moment for me.
Here We Are
2 days ago







1 comment:
Hi Gloria,
It's Grapefruit here. Thanks for the great comment on my blog! No worries...you won't be the reason I go private by any means, I love receiving comments!
Sounds like we share a passion for children's books. I'm pretty sure my husband cringes everytime he hears I'm headed to the bookstore to "play with the train table"...i.e...load up on more books. Oh well...at least I'm not at the mall spending it on who knows what, right?
Thanks again for your comment and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment