Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wuv, Twoo Wuv

There are some things about Valentine's Day that, well, honestly, make me want to stick my fingers down my throat.  


Then, there are things about Valentine's Day that I love.  


The two biggest reasons are the smallest ones - the under 3 foot tall ones.


The other reason is that it gives me yet another reason for playing the Smart Aleck Mom to my Smart Aleck Kid.  It's so endearing to see your talents passed down to the next generation.


Therefore, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give her a man of her own for Valentine's Day.



He's the perfect man.  (Dear Tim O. - please don't read any further - you seem too nice to be subjected to the following)



His mouth is in a permanent "O", as in "O, honey, don't you dare pick up that trash bag.  You know that's my job."


or 


"O, honey, you know it's my turn to clean up the kitchen.  After all, you've been at work all day."


Not only that, he can be made to permanently stand up - none of this sitting down/lying down/watching TV for hours on end business for him.

 I rest my case there.


My next enjoyable snarkiness:


To say she is not a "Twilight" fan would be an understatement.


Which is precisely why I had to put these in her Valentine's Bag.  I'm just sorry that I didn't notice until now that this is Box 3 of 3.  Had I realized it at the time of purchase, I would have looked for Boxes 1 and 2 as well.  No need to keep the Sarcasm at Level 1 when you can achieve Level 3 just as easily.


Happy V. Day.  Hope you shared the love with those you love.  (I did - just in my own twisted way).

5 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

You don't mean to tell me that your daughter doesn't enjoy reading the Twilight series!? I never would have figured.

Just kidding. I actually went to the first movie out of morbid curiosity. I couldn't wait to miss the second one. I can see where she got her sense of humor!

cheryl said...

I love it!!!!

Kelly said...

that was just evil and you know it...that being said, you make me proud to call you mother.

Annelise said...

you and kelly are both hilarious.. you did your daughter your amazing sense of humor. that's why I love you both! (amongst other reasons)
those two presents were evil.. but very very funny. I especially love the 'man'

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

I loved the sweethearts! Ha! Ha!