Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 19, TtT RtR: Happy Birthday

By Me

Twenty somethin' years ago, I birthed a little girl
And once again, a tiny baby, held my whole wide world.
Faster and faster the years have passed
And now you're growner than me.
'Cause you're the smart, mature one, and
The smart aleck I've taught you to be.

Happy Birthday Kiddo.

Love you

4 comments:

Kelly said...

awww, thank you! no one's ever written me a poem before! (thank you also for being vague on specifics of age ;)) and what can we say? "train up a child" eh? thanks for being my mom and my friend, love you bunches and bunches!!!

Kelly said...

p.s.-thanks, too, for having me on this particular day in April so that I could have a cool poem and the beginning of American history celebrated on my birthday. I guess destiny set me as a history major from the start, huh?

Mamafamilias said...

yes, I planned it this way. Hey, did you also know that Grace Kelly and Prince what's his name were married on this day in 1950 something? How's that for more planning for you???

Tim O'Keefe said...

Happy birthday to you too, Mama. You are the one who did all the work. Of course, I don't know you guys, but I know this much. Kids are a blessing. You do good work!