Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 9, TtT RtR: *

*
by Charles Wilkins


Once upon a time,
Can't remember when,
Way back there,
Way back then,
Someone told me something,
Can't remember who,
Can't remember what it was,
But if I ever do,
I'll write it on a thingum
And put it somewhere safe -
I think the little whatsit
Would be the perfect place.
I wouldn't trust the whoozit
With the thingamy because,
I can't remember where it is
Or where it ever was.
My memory is excellent;
It's never failed me yet.
The only things it can't recall
Are things that I forget.


*(The author regrets that his memory has forgotten the title of this poem.)



(Yes, I've posted this video before, but I thought there was a possibility you may have forgotten)

1 comment:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Great poem. I am totally taking your idea of a poem a day - this summer. I may not stick to it like you, but how wonderful top get the good stuff out there. I have heard of Tom Rush, of course - being an old folkie myself, but I do not know much of his music. Thanks.