Monday, October 25, 2010

No Computer = No Posting

My computer bit the dust.

The kiddo is nice enough to let me use hers.  But I don't do much blog posting on it, because somehow I don't think she'd like for me to be plundering around in her room at 3:00 in the morning, knocking stuff over while I'm pilfering her computer.

 Because 3:00 a.m. seems to be the magic hour for me most of the time.  Happy Hour, so to speak.  Which makes the work day that follows not such a happy hour.

Anyway, that's why no blog posts.  Not sure when a new computer will be forthcoming.  I'm figuring some time around, say, Black Friday.

(But it won't be an HP this time.  Just so ya know.)

I really miss blogging. Blogging  makes me happy.  Blogging is my letter to home, because my mama reads my blog.  I miss blogging.

That's why I've pilfered (my word of the day - although "to pilfer" means to steal in small quantities....how do you steal a computer in small quantities?..,..one keyboard key at the time?...) the computer tonight while she's gone.  I'm going to download pictures.  I'm going to spill my guts on the blog.  I'm going to steal her pictures and post them and act like they're mine.  Okay, maybe not. 

So, what have I been doing?

Well, yard sale-ing for one thing.

And what have I bought at the yard sales? 

Milk bottles and wine bottles.

Milk bottles because I like 'em.

Wine bottles because I don't have any of my own (me being Mormon and all), and I wanted to get some and put lights in 'em.

We've also had the best kind of birthdays.....youngun birthdays.

Guess what Love Potion #2 got......


Lightnin McQueen.......KaChow...........

The fun part was, that Love Potion #1 was just as excited to give it to him as Love Potion #2 was to get it.

I could squeeze 'em both.  And quite often do, as a matter of fact.

Enough for tonight.  When the kiddo goes out again, I'll pilfer the computer again (one keyboard key at the time).

2 comments:

mCat said...

Somehow I see you sneaking on your tiptoes creeping into another bedroom to pilfer a computer.
The thought makes me laugh a little!

Tim O'Keefe said...

Hey, I know they're more expensive, but a Mac is worth so much more than a pc. Seriously, you never need to worry about viruses, they never break down, they last easily twice as long. I have a pc at work and a mac at home. There is absolutely no problem with me going back and forth.

Glad you can sneak onto your daughter's computer. Isn't it weird how quickly we have become dependent on them?