Thursday, October 28, 2010

Still Pilfering

Remember the cute picture of the goat that the kiddo took at the fair?

Meanwhile, I wandered off (she swears she's going to get one of those leash thangs and put it on me):

(only in eastern North Carolina do you have giant watermelons and posterboard tobacco leaves).

(Not to mention entertainment consisting of old Pepsi Cola and Mountain Dew bottles)

(and gaudy jew'ry)

And what about peanuts?

Oh, but of course.

The question of the night is, "Did Aunt Bea win a blue ribbon for her pickles this year?"

And what kind of civilization would we be living in without Chain Saw Sculpture? Hm?

I did like the music:

And Love Potion #2's favorite part when we went back on Saturday:


Yep, it's crowded, it's overpriced, and the food choices are not exactly on the bottom layer of the  Food Pyramid, but I love it.  At least once a year.

5 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Once again I am in awe of your photography. I can't even choose a favorite. Well, maybe the musicians. They seem so earnest. I like the guy sitting down playing bass.

Thanks.

mCat said...

The pictures are awesome and the fair looks fun!

cheryl said...

I'm glad you can pilfer so I can enjoy a post. I'm not sure if I can hold out until black friday for regular postings again.

cheryl said...

oh yes. since you are done with hps be done with pcs in general and go for a mac. :)

Dan and Bec said...

Your pictures are really amazing! I wish you lived close enough to take some family pictures for me!
Miss you!!!
BTW...can you get onto our blog? I sent you another invite.