Just so ya know, I've received a refresher course the last few days on why old women should not have children. Old women should only keep said children every so often.
(And by the way, why is it that those little bitty short people think it's unbelievably fun, not to mention hilarious, to drink bath water? Yes, I said bath water. Did I do that when I was that short?)
I hafta say, I had alot of fun with Love Potion #1 and Love Potion #2 this past weekend. I also hafta say, I got home last night and went to bed at 7:30. No lie.
Anyway, I'm now back to my December posts.
Here is your list of Have-To Books/Stories/Items for December (they do not have to be read in this order - they just must be read):
Your Checkbook Balance
Your Credit Card Balance
The Fourth Wise Man, by Henry van Dyke
The Littlest Angel, by Charles Tazewell
The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree, by Gloria Houston
The Small One, by Alex Walsh
Cajun Night Before Christmas
Hillbilly Night Afore Christmas
The Crippled Lamb, by Max Lucado
The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy, by Jane Thayer
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, by Susan Wojciechowski
Christmas Day in the Morning, by Pearl S. Buck
Shepherds, Why This Jubilee?, by Jeffrey R. Holland
Luke, Chapters 1 and 2
Isaiah Chapter 9, Verse 6
The movie list comes next.
I also reserve the right to add to this book list. I always reserve the right to add to book lists.







4 comments:
Thanks for the recommendations. Some I know. Some I need to. Have you ever read a little book called A Cup of Christmas Tea? It is one of those timeless picture books that is not just for kids.
Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVxUKW0Up8
Here is a link to someone reading the story with some photos. The real book illustrations are priceless. Simple. Watercolor.
Thanks, Tim. This immediately made me think of our taking the Primary children from church to sing at the Nursing Home every year. We just went a couple of weeks ago and the residents are always so very glad to see them. One of them asked this past time if we could come again without waiting until Christmas, which I think we should.
I had not heard of this one before. I'll have to get the kiddo to bring it home from the library for me. I want to see the illustrations now.
I love how you put your checkbook and credit card balances right there at the top - snickering
Post a Comment