Friday, April 15, 2011

TtT, RtR #8: They've put a Brassiere on the Camel

They've Put a Brassiere on the Camel
by Shel Silverstein


They've put a brassiere on the camel,
She wasn't dressed proper, you know.
They've put a brassiere on the camel
So that her humps wouldn't show.
And they're making other respectable plans,
They're even insisting the pigs should wear pants,
They'll dress up the ducks if we give them the chance
Since they've put a brassiere on the camel.


They've put a brassiere on the camel,
They claim she's more decent this way.
They've put a brassiere on the camel,
The camel had nothing to say.
They squeezed her into it, I'll never know how,
They say that she looks more respectable now,
Lord knows what they've got in mind for the cow,
Since they've put a brassiere on the camel.

4 comments:

mCat said...

My humps, my humps, my lovely lady humps.

I now have that obscene song stuck in my head. Thank you! : )

Kelly said...

I owe you five bucks.

Kelly said...

so, I thought this was hilarious-this was the poem of the day for them on wednesday. great minds....

this is one of my favorites of his

THE SEARCH
I went to find the pot of gold
That's waiting where the rainbow ends.
I searched and searched and searched and searched
And searched and searched, and then--
There it was, deep in the grass,
Under an old and twisty bough.
It's mine, it's mine, it's mine at last....
What do I search for now?

and this one, too

Needles and Pins
Needles and pins,
Needles and pins,
Sew me a sail
To catch me the wind.

Sew me a sail
Strong as the gale,
Carpenter, bring out your
Hammers and nails.

Hammers and nails,
Hammers and nails,
Build me a boat
To go chasing the whales.

Chasing the whales,
Sailing the blue
Find me a captain
And sign me a crew.

Captain and crew,
Captain and crew,
Take me, oh take me
To anywhere new.

Kelly said...

and i just realized i forgot to put in the link

http://bookpeopleblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/poem-of-the-day-theyve-put-a-brassiere-on-a-camel-by-shel-silverstein/