Sunday, March 25, 2012

Missed the Green

And I do apologize for that.

We had a St. Patrick's Day tea party (and I use the word "tea" very loosely here, me being Mormon and all), and that took up most of my time the last couple of weeks.  I do tend to get carried away on things.

Just so ya know, I do think it was a smashing success with the 6-year old crowd.  We wore green beads.  We made bracelets, we decorated "FRIENDS" picture frames (because they had to take home a picture to commemorate the occasion), we had a fruit rainbow (thanks to Pinterest, except mine didn't turn out anything like that one), we ate green cupcakes, we had green 3-for-$1.00 little plastic buckets to take the goodies home in.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to share - we were very busy having fun.

As they were all sitting at the little table, making leprechaun bracelets, Sunshine #1 doesn't even look up from her bracelet, but all of sudden says "I love you, GG".   Right in front of her friends and everything.  And that, my friends, was worth it all.  It don't get no gooder'n that.

Luck of the Irish?  Nah.

Blessing from my Heavenly Father?  I think so.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

You sure know how to make a girl cry! This is so sweet and touched my mama heart. Wish we could have joined you. We did celebrate in honor of my favorite Irish woman!