Tuesday, April 10, 2012

TtT, RtR 2012, #4, The Naughty Word

The Naughty Word
by Bill Dodds

My brother yelled a naughty word
When he woke up today.
He shook his crib and shouted out.
Mom asked, "What did he say?"

I looked at her and shrugged and blinked
And said I hadn't heard.
I figured I had better lie
And not repeat the word.

My brother's only twelve months old
And doesn't talk too much.
He gurgles "mama," "bye-bye," "car,"
"dada," "night-night" and such.

But now he knows another word
You don't use at the table.
You never hear it on TV
Unless your house has cable.

I've thought this through - no need to lie
Next time he drops his bomb.
I'll simply look surprised and ask,
"Just what does that mean, Mom?"

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Too funny! They sure do pick up on that all too readily. NOt that I would know from experience or anything. :)