This will be a pretty short post, really, because it's pretty obvious that I reached the top of the mountain some time back. Not sure when exactly, but undoubtedly I've reached and passed the high points.
Anyway, for the last few years, I've gotten to where I love the calmness of January. I'm not Scrooge enough to dislike Christmas, but ding dang if I ain't glad when it's over.
I love to look at Christmas lights and decorations, but putting them up is a pain, and taking them down is an even bigger pain. It's a whole lot easier to just get in the car and go look at everybody else's.
I love to get Christmas cards, but sending them out has never been my cup of hot chocolate.
I DO love reading Christmas stories and listening to Christmas music. And I love finding stuff for my Love Potions that I think they will like. (That's easy to do right now, but I feel sure that the older they get, the harder that will get.)
So indulge me while I enjoy the fact that it's over.
Not only that, my ward started 1:00 church yesterday and honestly, it was great. I took Benadryl Saturday night at 11:00, woke up about 7:30 Sunday morning for about 20 minutes, and then decided to give in to the Benadryl again.
Anyway, Reason #57 on the How I Know I'm Getting Old list, is that I love January.
And you can love January, too (feel free to click here).
Here We Are
2 days ago







1 comment:
hey! i'm getting back to blogging, too. well, slowly. glad to know we're still on the train together. check out my blog for our christmas video from last year (we finally edited it)
Post a Comment