Monday, September 9, 2013

Fides

Ya know, one of the best things about getting older is that you're not as young and stupid as you used to be.  Seriously.

Sometimes I'm old and stupid, but it's still better than when I was young and stupid.  Seriously.

Having another birthday can do that to you.  You know, make you think and all.

Life is still hard.  In some ways it's harder.  But in other ways it's alot better.

For example, appreciating the good people in your life more than you used to.

More and more I realize how blessed I am to have been born into the family I was born into.   When you're growing up, you know you love 'em and all, but you really don't think that much about it.  Then you get older and realize they're the ones who are there for you again and again and again.  At least where I come from.

But since I've not lived very close to my siblings and parents for all of my adult life, I've been given the most amazing friends you could ask for.

What fabulous birthday presents.  Happy Birthday to me.



No comments: