Sunday, November 30, 2008

Let's Put it to a Vote








Found a new gadget, so in the immortal words of Everett Ulysses McGill (I really hate it for you if you don't know who that is), "Let's put it to a vote".

If there's one you like that I didn't put up there, by all means let me know what it is and I'll add it. Since all of these are my favorites, I chose the option of "let 'em choose more than one if they want to". (Update note: I just tried to go back and add "The Snowman" but it wouldn't let me since there has already been a vote, so I'm just inserting a clip here to look at for fun. This is another favorite Christmas movie at my house though).



Charlie Brown Christmas is a tradition.

Miracle on 34th Street had to be up there because: a) the little girl in that movie is so daggone cute and b) what's his name in that movie is SO DAGGONE FINE.

A Christmas Story is still funny to me every time I see it.

The 4th Wise Man is just downright good.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Ya gotta love the little dog dressed up like a reindeer.

The Polar Express. Reminds me of the last year I worked in a kindergarten classroom. I was reading them this story (the movie is good, but I still like the book better), and it was so quiet in there, you could only hear 30 little people breathing, no other sound. When I got to the part when they got back on the train and he reached his hand in his pocket for the bell and "all he found was a hole", one little girl spoke up and just said, "Pore little thang". She felt so sorry for the little boy.

I'm looking forward to much hot chocolate, Christmas music, Christmas movies and Christmas books.

3 comments:

RobinsonRugrats said...

Those are all very good. I like your choices. I have to choose "The Polar Express". My reason for this is because it is Luke's all time favorite and I get so much enjoyment from reading it to him and watching him as he watches the movie. Plus it makes me crave hot chocolate and a good story and good food.... you can't get better than that!

Kelly said...

well, first of all, i'm votin' for yours truly...we have sooooo been corrupted by that movie; anyway, what about the snowman?! i think that is the one i could really watch over and over. the others i could watch once or twice and be good to go, but there is just something about that one. (i mean, not that i'd give up watching dylan mcdermott, but you know what i mean. my question is, why has HE never been 'sexiest man alive'? jude law nothing...

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Not fair-they're all my favorite. I'm afraid I can't vote.