
Okay, here's what brought this on. I was on my way to church Sunday, beautiful day, and somebody in a 1955 Chevy passed by in the other lane. "Oh, man" thinks self, "wouldn't I love to buy one of those for Brother #1. Which leads to, "If money were no object, what all would I do?".
So that is the list I'm proposing to all of you. It doesn't have to be anything grand, like "Oh, I would adopt the whole world, you know, Angelina Jolie style" (although, honestly, I think she truly does try to do good things with her money and position, no matter what you may think about her tatoos). This is just a fun, give-into-your-materialistic-dreams type of fantasy because we all have to have something to dream about, take your mind off of the worries.
Here's my list of woulds and would nots.
I would NOT bail out the auto industry. Sorry
I would buy Brother #1 his '55 Chevy; Brother #2 his '66 Candy Apple Red GTO; Brother #3 something he wouldn't have to fix; would have to check with the sister; I personally want a little midnight blue BMW convertible, straight drive - no automatic transmission on that baby (I don't know - maybe I WOULD be bailing out the auto industry at that); and whatever my mama wants.
I would buy my married child & family a van and a house with a yard.
I would buy my single child a trip to Europe (providing I could go with her) and her own personal place to live (but there would be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth when she went, so y'all just as well get ready to hear me whine when she does graduate from college here shortly, finds a job and moves on to have a life, sniff, sniff, without me)
I would go places: general conference in SLC (never been), an Alaskan cruise, Vermont, Raleigh and "get a corner room at the Y - it's therapedic" (if you don't get that one, you ain't from around here, are you), Europe with the kiddo.
A daily massage (I'm seriously thinking about selling the house and moving into the 2nd ward boundaries, just so I can go to Homemaking Meeting with Angela L. because sometimes she'll come up behind you and do the shoulder massage for you);
A house in the (Blue Ridge) mountains and a bigger regular live-in house (not a mansion, just bigger than I have now), with a huge family room for when everybody's here. Of course, it would have to have a home theater room (I would invite all of y'all over and we would draw straws to see what we would watch first), with a movie theater popcorn machine and everything.
Honestly, though, after all of this, I really have to say that I'm seriously, truly thankful for the fact that I have a job in this economy, to pay the bills and have what I have for myself and my family.
Anyway, there's my list. What's y'all's?
(Oh, yeah, and a personal tutor for Adobe Photoshop)
Oh, and the house would also have to have a library room with lots of shelves for books.







3 comments:
yep, how about......lessee: a library and a house to put it in, a dark room, and someone to teach me the whole photography works, old-school style, unlimited book funds, a chance to travel the world to look for first edition copies in mint condition of my favorites, a 1957 cherry red chevy bel-air convertible, a room for my shoes, holiday homes in my top 5( or more) countries, and the ability to buy anything for anyone, if it is something they would love, regardless of price, the ability to make sure every child gets 3 square meals a day and the chance to be a child, the ability to help old people who can't afford their medication/help they need, with a personal nurse so that no one ever has to go to an old-folks home and be alone ever again, enough money to take care of the mentally disabled people you sometimes see, who are homeless because they can't get a job, make sure no one is ever cold in the winter or sick with no chance of help, enough money to take care of all the things that it hurts you not to be able to fix for people. (oh my gosh, if i were in a beauty pageant, i'd be saying 'i want world-peace'! when did that happen?)
It happened when you started working with the public and you (and your sister), having the heart(s) that you do, hate to see anyone in need, see anyone alone, see anyone hungry, and you truly would like to help the "least of these, thy brethren". Maybe one day, kiddo, maybe one day. In the meantime, the Lord truly does know the desires of your heart. Love you
Well, this would just be too long a response, I suppose. BUT -- having been through what we've been through in 2009 and what I've learned since starting a business with my hubby three years ago, I'd definitely love to buy my children homes so they never needed to worry about a roof over their heads. Other than that, it's all stuff. Don't get me wrong...I Loooooooove stuff. But I've learned, that's all it is! I'd go back to getting regular weekly pedicures and facials, just cuz it feels good. I'd definitely be game for some lipo on my thighs and laser resurfacing on my skin, but really, it's just aesthetics. Doesn't change my sparkling personality...just makes it sparkle more! HA HA! Times like these will sure help you remember what counts in life, huh!?
Post a Comment