g i r l f r i e n d - n. 2) a girl who is someone's friend 3) a woman friend of a woman
"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them. Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say. We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
Tim McGraw, Husband of a Mississippi GRITS and Father of Three Instant GRITS
(Taken from the book - GRITS Friends Are Forevah)
First of all, let me say that my girls know that I love them.
My sister knows that I love her.
Heaven knows, my mama knows that I love her.
But ya know, there's just something about those girlfriends.
Take for example, coming home from work and finding that a box has been delivered to you, all the way from Utah, full of oh, so many things to honor the "holiday" and you keep pulling things out one by one, and the more you take out, the harder you laugh until you're on the verge of a bladder accident - not fair to an old woman, by the way. (I'm sorry, I know this makes no sense to you other 3 people out there that are reading this, but to the 1 that knows, THANKS - I needed that!!!)
And some days, you just pick up that phone and call South Dakota, and it's just like the girlfriend on the other end never left, or you call Atlanta, and it's the same.
And of course, there are those 1st Friday nights of every month, right here in your own little dot on the map, not to be messed with under any circumstances. Sometimes the therapy session takes place at Olive Garden, sometimes the therapy session takes place at Barnes & Noble, sometimes the therapy session takes place at the gym (psyche, are you kidding me? I don't think so Scooter), but it's always that much needed therapy session, be it whining or laughing.
Thanks girls, this Thelma appreciates all of her Louises.
(Let's keep the Thunderbird on this side of the cliff though, shall we)
Here We Are
2 days ago







3 comments:
ooohh! ooohhh! can we still pick up the 'james-dean-blue-jeans-and-white-t-shirt' brad pitt? can we? can we? plllleeeaasssee?
Yes, Captain Butler, i remember you - Thelma, what happened to your hair?
I love my TRUE girlfriends...starting with my sisters...and the rest know who they are, don't they! Life would be much less rewarding if we didn't have 'em. They've pulled me out of a rut a time or two...Amen to this post!
Post a Comment