Potato Bread
1 cup of flour
Six Large #1 Chef potatoes
One Egg
One bunch of scallions
Two tablespoons of Irish butter
Cup of Milk
Salt to taste
Peel, boil and mash the potatoes. Finely chop the scallions and add to a large bowl. Add in the potatoes, half the flour and butter. Mix with a wooden spoon. Blend Egg and milk together. Add this as required to bind the potatoes together like a dough. Add a pinch of salt to taste. On a floured board, roll out the mixture to about one inch thick. Use a 10" plate upside down on the potato dough and cut out a circle of dough using a knife. Remove excess potato dough from around perimeter of this circle. Divide the circle into 8 "Pie-Slices". Place each slice on a hot pan or grill for about 3 - 4 minutes each side until golden brown. Serve hot with butter on top.
from:
http://www.foodireland.com/recipes/Bakery/Irish_Potato_Bread.htm
The bread is to go with the
CORNED BEEF, CABBAGE & POTATOES.......
YUM, YUM!!!
Recipes abound for corned beef, cabbage and potatoes, but all I do is throw it in the crock pot with the little packet of spices that comes with it, add the cabbage and potatoes (and I'm guessing here) about an hour or so before you're ready to eat. (Corned beef brisket comes with alot of fat on it, so I cut off as much as I can before cooking.)
And for dessert, click here:
http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2980/minty-ice-cream-sandwiches.asp
Yummy, yummy







No comments:
Post a Comment