And it was great.
I was invited (by me) to join this lovely group
and R-U-N-N-O-F-T this morning.
First up, we had a mini "wow, can you believe this place" stop at some mall that covered about 3 states. However, we only had a couple of hours to cover said 3-state-mall, so I chose to spend most of it in the 2-story Barnes and Noble (along with a certain person I met in the birthing room some years back). This is where I saw the (click here) calendar that I simply must have for the new year (don't panic, no, I don't drink cocktails - me being Mormon and all, but this calendar is just too great for me not to have it).
Come lunch time, we went to Firebrand Grill, (or something like that) and I had grilled salmon, potatoes and grilled veggies. It was delicious, to say the least.
It was also very healthy. So to counteract it, I had a peanut butter cup the size of Texas from the Chocolate store right across the way.
Just so's ya know, only people who need to get a life bring a camera to a mall:
which, by the way, is the home of (click here).
A little of the surrounding downtown scenery includes:

And then, there was this:

Can I just say, it was fabulous.
No Gerard Butler there, but the scenery, the costumes, and the very fact that it was a stage performance was just .............fabulous.
I loved it (and, imagine this if you can, not a vampire or were-wolf in sight).
The costumes were gorgeous. (Poor Madame Giry, though. She only got to wear the same black dress the whole time.)
And I stand by my original opinion that Christine is a hussy.
I mean, really. Make up your mind already, girl.
You do, you don't, you do, you don't.
Quit dancing the pore ole Phantom around. Doesn't he have enough problems, what with his own mama making him a mask as his very first piece of clothing so she wouldn't have to look at him?
And, "Oh, I remember going to the library with Raoul once when I was a youngun. I think I'll marry him. But let me stop and make out with the Phantom before I leave. Raoul is just hanging around anyway. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. He'll wait."
Yep, I loved it. The CD is going back in the car.
I love to hear Sarah Brightman hit the high note. I don't know what keeps her from busting out her dress zipper.
I'll bet she could even make it at the Spivey's Corner Hog Calling Contest if she really tried.
I can't wait for "Wicked".
Anybody want to join me?
















3 comments:
Well just rubbed it in why don"t you! Glad you got to go. Sharon said tonight that she heard or read or something that the Celtic Women are supposed to be coming there sometime in March or something.
How fun. What cool signs. So glaf you had a great trip. I've really want to go to wicked!
pick me! pick me! i want to go to 'wicked'! wasn't the show GREAT?! my life has now been completed, i've seen the 'phantom' on stage. so glad you came! love you! (the chandelier was the coolest, wasn't it?)
Post a Comment