Saturday, May 22, 2010

Get Your Kicks on Route 66 - Springfield, IL

From Hannibal, MO, to Springfield, IL.  Spent the night and went here 1st thing the next morning at my request.  Besides, I had the keys to the rental car.  We went where I wanted to go.

Their claim is to be the birthplace of the corndog - and I gotta say, it was good.



The required group of old men sitting around solving the world's problems was there as well.

I wanted to bring home my Route 66 cold drink bottle, but I didn't think it would survive the paper airplane trip.

It was great, anyway.

5 comments:

Annelise said...

great pictures! I love the retro feel to all of them! wish I could have been there
I have to say, the poster of the birth of the corn dog is just weird. haha

aniC said...

I'm jealous. Corn dogs are one of my favorite things in the world!

Kelly said...

It was great, wasn't it? The one with the nurse still cracks me up. When can we go back?

mCat said...

The birthplace of the corndog. Huh. Who knew?

It looks like a fun place!

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Ummm, that "birth of the corndog" sign is a little disturbing. One of those things you just have to share.