Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yeah, I Gots Class - I Gots Culture

Just to prove to you that I'm the well-rounded person I've claimed to be (and I'm NOT referring to that unfortunate incident involving the "Whoa, Mama, So Coconut Custard Pie's Your Favorite and Now You Have to Shop Here" section of Belk's), I will prove it to you.


Last Saturday night (after a day spent in one of our state's most illustrious historical sites I might add) found me on the front row watching/listening to The Funniest Man in America.  If I have to tell you who it is, never mind.  Just believe me when I say it's entirely possible that we're kin to some of the same people.


Now.  We will just fast forward through the past week.  

Please.  

Let's.


Enter this Saturday. 

Remember just a few short months ago, I told y'all about going here:


And I got to see this:


And remember how I said nothing could ever be as good as that?


Well, I was wrong.  WRONG, I say.


Because today, I went to see........... this:

(Didn't take my camera this time, so a picture of the program will have to do).

It was "beautiful...gorgeous...wish you were here" kind of fabulous.


Great storyline.  Gorgeous costumes.  Unbelievable stage scenery/lighting, etc.  Hilarious lines.


I won't say it was better than Phantom - but it was every bit as good.


So, tomorrow, I'll go to church and get religion, but today, I got culture.

4 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Well, a well rounded person needs a little bit of both.

Tim O'Keefe said...

Maybe a LOT of both.

regina said...

glad you got both! funny,

hey, by the way, have you read the book "the Help"? just wondering... it reminded me of my days at pactolus and eastern nc!

mCat said...

I have GOT to see Wicked. Everyone is talking about it