Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 5, Catching Up, TtT, RtR: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Having been elsewhere the past few nights, I've missed putting up the daily poem, so here are a few catchups.

First, though, I found something interesting from a Reader's Digest last year, from February of 2008, to be exact.

The article is "The Way to Happiness", by Dianne Hales

"In a taxicab on a rainy day in New York City, Gretchen Rubin, 41, suddenly asked herself what she wanted most in life. "I realized I wanted to be happy," she recalls. "It was a lightning-bolt moment because I'd never even thought about it before."

A couple of years ago, this wife, mother and former lawyer for Justice Sandra Day O'Connor launched a full-time happiness project to test-drive traditional and newly minted approaches toward her life goal. She kept a daily gratitude journal, read a poem every day and had regular date nights with her husband, among other strategies. Now she swears she's cheerier. "

If you want to read the whole article, go here.

Sooooooo, if you read the posted poems this month, this will be you: (in the immortal words of Paris on the Gilmore Girls) "You're nice, people like you. You look like little birds help you get dressed in the morning."

No comments: