Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just Me and My Camera



and my tripod,


and my telephoto lens,

and my circular polarizing filter,

and my remote switch,

and my gratitude for this beautiful world created for us.

(I'm afraid that I must insist that you turn your speakers on and listen to my song - it's my favorite.)












I would love to hie to this particular Kolob in about 3 more weeks when these leaves have turned.

Hopefully, the kiddo's internet will be fixed next week and you can see her pictures.

('Night John Boy - the Advil PM is finally kicking in - it only took an hour and a half)

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Gorgeous pictures!

regina said...

beautiful... i miss home, boohoo, boohoo, but i love you telling me all about it!

Tim O'Keefe said...

Lovely place, planet earth. We're lucky to have you capturing it for us.

DeNae said...

Good heavens, Gloria, where do you live? I can tell you one thing, it ain't Vegas! These pictures are absolutely breathtaking! What a talent.

And thanks for dropping by my place. I'm sorry your daughter had an Alexander-esque day. Some days it's a dang good thing the church is true, huh?

Lauren said...

Sister Rowe(yes I did just type "Sister Rowe" because that's what I called you in Gville. Just Gloria or Ms. Rowe would be weird...haha. Anyways, I did like the sauerkraut with pork pretty good. It was definitely a different taste but one I could get used to. I was so set on going to Harvestfest but it was rainy and cold so we didn't get to go *tear. There are tons of those festivities around here so maybe I can get to one. Thanks for your comments by the way! I hope you are doing well. Tell Kelly I said hello. I also really enjoy stalking I mean reading her blog while I'm "working". :-)

I am LoW said...

Can I come with you?!?!

cheryl said...

Beautiful photos! Wish I could join the two of you. I've been looking everywhere for a remote here and I'm buying a tripod too. Can't wait. I've gone too long without them.

I love your lamp story too. It got me all teary eyed. thank you for sharing.