Sunday, September 20, 2009

What I Did on My Summer, I Mean Fall, I Mean 28-Minute Vacation



Okay, maybe it WAS a little longer than 28 minutes, but it only felt like 28 minutes.


After eating the hash and rice in the promised land, Granny loaded up the truck and moved to Bev-er-ly.

Well, maybe not. But the kiddo and I did go to the mountains. But we were in a car instead of a truck. However, it WAS loaded.

Gorgeous, Beautiful, Wish You Were Here.

The kiddo's internet is still down on her computer and I promised myself I wouldn't put any pictures up before she got to.

Well, too bad, so sad. I've waited long enough.

Actually, hers are really gorgeous, as usual, so I figured if I keep putting off fixing her internet, you would think mine looked good.

The sun was shining the afternoon we got there so we walked down the hill and took a few:







Then we walked back up the hill. Well, the kiddo walked. I took a few steps, begged for mercy, took a few more steps, begged for more mercy. Let me just say I gained a whole new respect for the pioneers pulling handcarts up and across the Rocky Mountains. The only thing I had to haul was my hindparts and a camera back up one little hill and it was mighty iffy as to whether or not I was going to make it.

After the first day, the sun quit shining. Until we left for home.

My favorite place was HERE

And, imagine this, we had to almost go right past it every time we left to go somewhere. Yellow grits and buckwheat pancake mix jumped right in my car and came home with me, yes they did. I tried to throw them out, but they just kept flying right back in the window. As did a "few" other items.

My other favorite place was HERE. Be advised - it is in one of those "You can't get there from here" places. It looked like a lot shorter trip on the map than what it actually turned out to be and No, We Did Not Get Lost on the Way, thank you very much.

It was great. 2 girlie girls and a bucketload of jewelry, albeit unrefined jewelry. I repeat. It was great.





All in all, a large time was had by all.

4 comments:

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Kelly's going to K-I-L-L you for putting a picture of her up. Why is she so stinkin' cute? I wear jeans & a t-shirt all the time & I never look as good as her.

I love that she doesn't mind getting messy to get a good picture. She's such a professional!

We're glad you got to go-just jealous we couldn't go too.

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Love that last picture by the way.

Mamafamilias said...

Thanks!

Actually she told me I could put up one of these pictures of her as long as it didn't show her face. That youngun!

Fairy Godmother said...

Stunning pictures! THAT's what I'm talking about...a reprieve!

Gorgeous! Thanks for the photo vac-A!