Wednesday, September 30, 2009



See this lamp?

I love this lamp.

I've loved this lamp all of my whole, long life.

When I turn on this lamp, it soothes the savage beast in me.

Let me just tell you why I love this lamp.

Ya see, my mama and my daddy got married in 1943. And let's just say, neither of them married for money. Anyway, my daddy went to work in a furniture store, Bridges Furniture Store to be exact. And one day, he came home with this lamp for my mama. I'm a little iffy on the details as to the occasion, maybe there was no special occasion. All I know is he came home with this lamp for her.

And I've always loved this lamp.

And I've always begged my mama for this lamp.

And when I went to the Promised Land for Labor Day, she had this lamp all wrapped up in a plastic trash bag for me to bring back home with me.

And I put a 40-watt bulb in this lamp, so that it's not so bright.

And I turn this lamp on every evening and it makes me feel good.

So, while it may not look so spectacular to anyone else, it's the greatest thing to me.

I love this lamp.

2 comments:

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

I like this lamp a lot. I was wondering where you got it from when we were over there the other weekend.

Now over to the private blog. You usually update this one when you've updated your other blog.

Tim O'Keefe said...

Lovely sentiments. Real value is in the memories, not the cost. Thanks