Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2: Cooking Green, Again

As mentioned, the Sweet/Sour Red cabbage.

Ah, yeah, this was good to me  - but really, when have you ever gone wrong with bacon grease?  However, for all you healthy joggers out there, there was only 2 slices of bacon per a whole head of red cabbage.  It also contains a whole apple, chopped up and cooked, besides the whole head of cabbage, so I figure that negates the bacon.  The kiddo liked it and she doesn't even like cabbage.

Warning, if you think there's a chance of being up close and personal with the guy on the far right in the Day 1 video, you may not want to eat this beforehand as it turns your teeth blue.












 


This Julie and Julia O'Child ain't bad so far.

No need to stretch it, though, and say I'll cook every day from now until the 17th. That's about as likely as finding that pot of gold.

3 comments:

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Um, excuse me, why didn't you wait to cook this until THIS kiddo was over, since I DO like cabbage? Sounds neat!

Tim O'Keefe said...

OK, OK, I know that you probably don't do requests, but it would be fun to see a picture of you guys with blue teeth. I'm just saying.

Annelise said...

haha I'll make sure not to eat this before I flirt with the hottie irish man with a good voice
though I agree with tim, it would be a funny picture