Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 17: Last of the Green

(Apologies for missing yesterday - spent the evening in the company of the cutest leprechauns ever.)

FYI, our Grand Finale included green eggs & ham, with a side order of GREEN grits. That sneaky leprechaun.  Love Potion #1 swore she kept seeing him run underneath the table while we ate.

As we were eating our green eggs & ham the hubby asked when is St. Patrick's Day.

Ahem.

Then the talk turned to the following:



So this is my parting Green gift to you.

Hope your Green Day was fun.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

I love it! I'm so glad you had a nice evening!

Tim O'Keefe said...

Thanks so much for all of the St. Pat's stuff. I hope this doesn't mean that you won't be posting regularly, because so far March has been awesome.

Being an O'Keefe, my family always got into it when I was little. For many years I sort of just let it go without even a second thought. I know it is almost blasphemy for a teacher, but there were years when I forgot to wear green to school and I would pull out something lame like cutting out a green shamrock and pinning it to my shirt.

Because of all of your lovely pictures and music I did make a deal out of it with my kids and wore my irish shirt and a cable knit sweater I got in Ireland over 20 years ago.

I loved the song. Here is another version by the Wailin' Jennies - a Canadian vocal group. Exquisite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4egb2gpIg4

You won't regret listening to this. Thanks!

mCat said...

I completely forgot to put any green on Chloee and then just out of defiance, I didn't wear green. I now regret it.

Kelly said...

it was a great St. Patrick's Day, wasn't it? isn't it in 'fiddler on the roof' where they say, 'this year, russia. next year, america?' it's in some movie, promise. anyway, 'this year, home. next year, ireland.' right? that episode of bonanza still cracks me up. i think that must be the only episode, though, where one of the cartwright boys' wife/girlfriend/love interest didn't meet an untimely death. seriously, you'd think the townspeople would start to warn all the women that they were flirting with death when flirting with one of the cartwrights....st. patrick's was great, as always. love you!

Mamafamilias said...

Thanks everybody!

It really was a lot of fun this year. Again. Just having a change from the regular everyday schedules and keeping the dream alive of traveling to Ireland one day.

Cheryl, I still say it has to be a little different being Green in Singapore, but it tickles me that there's a parade there. I'm so jealous of Ben. It's a crying shame you can't go with him. If he gets a job there, Kelly and I are moving in with you. Just so ya know.

And Tim, you put me back in a classroom this week. Woo Hoo! And can I say, I'm impressed that anyone can wear a piece of clothing that they wore 20 years ago. I'm just sayin' is all. I also have to tell you that I love, love, love the Wailin Jennys. I actually put their version of The Parting Glass up last year but I really love that song so I wanted to post it again this year. I put Cara Dillon's version up just for variety. We went to see the Wailin Jennys perform a couple of years ago and I have been patiently waiting for them to come back our way. No luck so far. They have a new CD out by the way.

Melissa, would you like for me to send you an e-mail and remind you to be green next year? Or, you could just wear your green tomorrow. Just for defiance and all.

Green Child of Mine, promise me you'll never date anyone called Little Joe. Fun (but short) 10 days. See you in a couple of weeks. Love you back!