Fun - any way you look at it.
And the little cousins want to be just like the big cousins.
See the little one on the left? She's growing her hair out long so she can be just like her teenage cousin.
And see the other little one, the one getting the free tote-on-the-hip?
He couldn't get enough of his big-boy cousin (who happens not to be in this picture).
And that teenager in the middle? She used to LOVE to hang out with these little guys' mama and her sister (actually, I think she still does).
And the little guys' mama and her sister? They used to LOVE to hang out with their teenage cousins (actually, I think they still do).
We don't have the fun of being geographically close - I-95 is one ding-dang long stretch of road.
But we still have the blessing of being "I love your guts" close.
And that means the world.
Here We Are
2 days ago







7 comments:
No question what a great grandmother you are. Your love shines.
Thanks, Tim. It's one of the greatest blessings in my life to see how my children and their cousins loved to be with each other (and still do) and now my little grandchildren falling into the fun and the love. We have quite a large extended family and my children can't keep straight as to what a particular cousin is - 1st, 2nd, 1st once removed (whatever that is), etc. So everybody is a just "cousin". Period. And it's fabulous.
P.S.
Not to mention the double-first cousins.
This reminds me of my kids and their cousins. When we went to SC for Christmas, I kept wanting to call my nephew my kids uncle, because he's 20ish years older than them. I forget that they are, in fact, first cousins.
Which reminds me. When we were down there, my brother Burley spoke in church and talked about some of his Christmas memories. He said he remembered you rocking out Christmas songs on the organ! :)
Family is what it's all about! Love that the cousins are so close, it reminds me of mine. Beautiful picture
oh, what fun... gotta love those cousins! bummer the I-95 gets in the way.
And the one on the left does look so much like the one in the middle. And the one on the hip is quite a bit like the one not pictured. And everything else is true.
Man am I behind-can you tell it's been months since I've checked any blogs? Enjoyed catching up on these.
Post a Comment