Why, yes I do realize it has been months since I posted.
Fact is, we're going to ignore the last 3 months, and move on.
And we will begin this new year by saying, Thank Heavens it's a new year - out with the old, in with the new, thank you very much.
I will try to get back once again to my little journal/blog. It is, in the immortal words of Barney Fife, "therapedic", and I hereby tell you all hello once again.
So, even though Christmas is over, I would like to share some pictures from a fun evening we shared before Christmas, when we were treated to the Candlelight Tour at Tryon Palace by the married kiddo and her family.
Supper at one of my most favorite restaurants anywhere was delicious,
after which we took our tour at the palace. The Love Potions had a marvelous time with their cousins and were very patient waiting for our turn to go in:
The tour was followed up by hot apple cider and gingerbread cookies, ending with fireworks:
For the record, Love Potions are less than happy with the noise of fireworks. Just so ya know.
And the ride home included this:
These, and a gazillion more are all in the yard at this one little old house that we pass by going/coming to/from New Bern. It's worth your trip to NC just to see this place. I would've taken more but my camera, aka the Love of my Life, was starting to have some issues, so I gave it up and we came home.
I love Christmas, truly I do, but I REALLY LOVE January, and the calmness of it.
Yes, I'm old.
Happy New Year!
Here We Are
2 days ago









3 comments:
It is good to hear your writing voice and see your pictures again. Happy New Year and many many more.
So happy to see you in my reader! Welcome back
Thanks, you 2! I will now proceed to try and catch up on reading your blogs as well.
Post a Comment