The highlight of the week was at 12:40 yesterday, when the 2 oldest Love Potions and I, plus their other Grandma, went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D.
I had forgotten how much I like that movie. Mainly because Belle (the girl-hero in this movie) is my Kiddo-child up one side and down the other: a) she is the only Disney princess with brown hair, b) she lives/loves to read and the best thing the Beast could do for her was to give her access to his vast library in his castle, c) she gets annoyed by overbearing, self-centered, brutish guys, even if they do look good, d) she recognized the good hiding inside the Beast.
I rest my case.
(On a side note, Love Potion #1 spent her very own money and bought her Aunt Kiddo a Belle doll for her last birthday. She thought of that on her own and it squeezed my heart.)
Anyway, I love this part:
Which makes me wonder, just what could Disney do with some bacon and biscuits and Joe Trapp's grits?
(P.S. - When you click on the Joe Trapp link, you'll notice a drawing of a younger Joe behind a mule. I know that artist. I'm related to that artist. His picture shows up in my previous post. I'm just sayin'.)
Here We Are
2 days ago







4 comments:
To me, Belle is really the only Disney princess that I feel like is a worthy role model. Love the whole moral and the story. WIsh I had someone to go see the 3D version with!
Mulan. I love Mulan.
This brings back such fine memories. Our two boys were of the age when Beast was out and new and loud and large. We read Beauty and the Beast books, had the toys - everything. We went to Beauty and the Beast on Ice and it was too loud for our little ones. Now their music is too loud for me. Go figure.
And insisted on buying it with her own money. Super sweet.
Post a Comment