We wanted to be close to the airport because our flight was at 6:30 in the a.m. or something like that.
We didn't want to be late.
But more on that in a minute.
Right down the road from the Comfort Inn (the Hampton Inn was full, ding dang it) was this:
so of COURSE we had to eat there.
It might be a law, I don't know.
Anyway it was mmmmm good.
I had the authentic Reuben sandwich:
and the namesake had this:
and it was all good. And then my camera battery died.
And then we drove across the street to get some gas for the rental car
and then I waited 20 minutes to pay for my gas because I had to go inside to pay for it and there was a man in front of me who was having a dilemma over what kind of cigarettes to get and what kind of lottery ticket to get and anything else he could possibly have a dilemma over and I was ready to have a dilemma of my own because it was 10:00 at night and I was tired and I had to get up early the next morning and we weren't going back to the Hampton Inn we were going to the Comfort Inn
So we finally got back to the Comfort Inn and asked the desk clerk what time we might need to get to the airport since our flight left at 6:30 and we all decided our wake up call should be at 4:45 and we got it straight as to which way to turn out of the hotel parking lot at that time of
THERE WAS NOBODY THERE.
I don't mean there were no other passengers there,
I mean
THERE WAS NOBODY THERE.
It's a good thing we didn't want to be late, huh.
The security guard showed up about 20 minutes after we got there and unlocked a door. The rest of 'em came dragging in about 15 minutes after that and the pilot, bless his heart - he was the same one we had on our first adventurous flight over - showed up about 5 minutes before the plane left.
It was just as much fun the 2nd time as it was the first time.
My camera bag rode in the nose of the plane this time instead of in the wing.
Aren't you jealous.
The good news is, nothing got frisked at the St. Louis airport that time because of my faded driver's license. The checker-inner I had on the return flight said he sees that problem all the time on the NC driver's licenses - only NC.
Just the same - I'm getting my license renewed next week.













3 comments:
Kelly's, how fantastic is that? What a great last meal. I can't believe the airport wasn't even open when you got there but I'm glad you didn't have to get frisked again.
What an adventure! At least you had Kelly's.
I love how you crafted that long sentence. It left me a little breathless. It does remind me of that old funny sitcom WINGS. Just glad you made it back. What an adventure.
Post a Comment