Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Pros and Cons of Late Summer

Pro (per the kiddo who works in a public library) - school starts back - no more daycare at the public library (look for the August 30th, 2010 post);
Con - school starts back - specifically the college students are back in town and they can't drive any better this year than they could last year.

Pro - I'm another year older (see previous post);
Con - I'm another year older

Pro - A few cool days;
Con - More hot days

Pro - our annual Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation is just around the corner - we can finally start singing something else in Primary;
Con - our annual Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation is just around the corner - Jr. Primary is still clueless on the songs - they're there because they're cute (they're also a hoot);

Pro - You get these:


and you turn them into this:

Con - You get a letter from the doctor - "Your bad cholesterol is bad.  Your good cholesterol is not good.  Perhaps you should lay off of the baked goods."  (if I'm lying I'm dying)

What the heck.  I'll post the pie how-to on the Stuff and Plunder blog tomorrow (see listing to your right).

3 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Ahhh, it's the same as it has always been. One day older, one day wiser - and one day closer to death. At least we still have that bad cholesterol coursing around through our veins, am I right? It beats the alternative.

cheryl said...

Oh, I miss having seasons but not those ecu drivers. :) Can you mail me some pie?

mCat said...

Oh that pie looks DELISH! Slap some cool whip on that I would be in PURE heaven!