Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome to Wendy's - Here's Your Discount

I gotta say - I'm smart for my age.

I'm smart enough to pick really nice friends.

Because they take you to places like Rucker John's for your birthday and feed you good stuff.

And they give you beautiful flowers for your birthday:


(The white one has ta be the fav'rit):

And then I was smart enough to birth really good children (one of whom birthed the world's sweetest Love Potion #1 and Love Potion #2), who all surprise you with a really good supper (the hubs was in on it too and they ALL faked me out splendidly all day long - including little Love Potion #1 who never spilt the beans), complete with balloons:


and the cutest cupcakes ever (made by one of the adopted younguns) :


and then you come home to find cards from MORE people that you love:

(if YOU were lucky enough to have an artist for a brother, you would get cards like these 2 on YOUR birthday);

and ANOTHER card the next day (if YOU were lucky enough to have an artist for a brother, YOU would get more cards the next day, too):


All of this......and a SENIOR CITIZEN'S discount, too.

How sweet it is!

(Reckon Lowe's will give me a senior citizen's discount on an industrial  fan?  The 2 I sleep with every night just ain't cuttin' it by themselves)

4 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Happy Birthday, my distant friend, and many happy returns to the day! You surely are lucky. I turned several of my teacher friends (and my mom - a retired teacher) on to your last post. With age comes wisdom.


Fab photos too.

Thanks

Tim O'Keefe said...

Seems like when we were younger the questions was, "Didja gets lots of good stuff for your birthday?"

Now it's more like, "How many blessings can I count?"

mCat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

And yes, it appears that you are very loved!

cheryl said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday. Happy happy Birthday!!! You are amazing and I am blessed and a better person because I know you!