Monday, November 22, 2010

Just a Great Day, Part 2

(FYI - more LDS/Mormon talk here)

So here's the way it works - a stake president is released, a stake president is called.

Usually, when a new bishop/stake president, etc. is called, you have to get to know 'em, and then you learn to love 'em. 

Well, here's the thing with my new stake president - I already know him.  And I learned to love this man a long, long time ago.  My 2 girls think he hangs out the sun, the moon and the stars.

(Plus, his wife is one of my bestest, bestest friends.  I'm a firm believer that all of these good men whose praises I've been singing, are as good as they are because of the women behind them.  Yes, I know, ya gotta have something to work with to start with, but I know the wives of these men, and I know that they've been the ones to bring out the best in them.)

But what's really important, is that he can take a joke.  And that ain't all - he can TELL a joke.

We go way back, the new stake president and I (as he does with lots of folks here).  And I'm here to tell you, he's a good, good man. 

He's the REAL stake president already......

3 comments:

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Amen!

Tim O'Keefe said...

While not a Mormon, I know the difference a strong friendship can make in your life. In the last many years, I've only had one best friend outside of the built-in best friends of family. The boy moved away a couple years ago. Ouch! I feel your pain about saying good bye to ones so close. They will miss you too. You'll still stay in touch, email, cards, facebook, etc. But it won't be the same. But you seem to have room for many more best friends. And here comes the new crew, right?

Hey, didja get a Mac?

mCat said...

Changes in leadership are always sad and exciting at the same time. We are getting a new stake presidency next month. Elder Holland is coming! Should be awesome