In honor of my recent return to the wonderful world of computer/internet/blogging/therapy, I decided this was worthy of being my 1st official return post. This is a direct result of a road trip this week that the kiddo, Love Potion #1 and I took. Let me point out that we were on Row 6 - no binoculars needed.
Ladies, I highly recommend using the "Full Screen" mode for this.
Mmm Hmmm, I'm just saying is all.
This was a multi-generational (insert Phone-Call-to-Home here) occasion of "Me, My Aunt Kiddo and My GG won't be coming home....we're all running away with the band" night for the 3 of us. In other words, a good time was had by all.
(My apologies if I've already subjected you to this video on Facebook. However, it is most worthy of repeating, donchathink?)
However - here we were in Durham, NC, and the people sitting next to us ended up being from home (note, home refers not to where I've lived for the last 21 years, - home refers to Home) and the guy's cousin is married to someone who stands a possibility of being kin to us.
So I had to turn down the band's offer of running away with 'em, 'cause the news would've gotten home to my mama before the bus pulled out of the garage.
And you just can't let your behavior embarrass your mama, no matter how old you are.
Dang it.
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
5 days ago







6 comments:
I had to share on FB, too. And I'll probably be listening to it all morning. Mmm-MMM! Thanks for this little bit of heaven (if you know what I'm sayin').
P.S. I love how the audience is 98% women. :)
('that'll do, pig. that'll do.') good night, irene!i can see now why women lose their minds and do crazy stuff like leave everything behind and move to a different country for some man they barely know. (i mean, i've always wanted to leave everything behind and move to a different country, but that was, to...well, move to a different country.) ireland has always had a particular draw, but now that i've seen what they're temporarily exporting, i'd like to be an import; wouldn't you? if ireland wants to pull itself out of this financial crisis without having to turn its banks over to the government, just start offering mail-order grooms. my order is for the two on the left. now that i've made myself sound like a total teeny-bopper boy-bander i'll go home...but hey, they're wearing rat-pack style suits....and they can sing....and they have accents....and they look like they smell good, right?
and, p.s.-love you, truly, but i wouldn't have cared a bit about embarrasing you, given half a chance. i'm okay with it. the phrase 'with no compunction' comes to mind.
(last one)- because I'm ocd about this "embarrassing" not "embarrasing." I can't count, so I have to be able to spell.
You make me proud (both of you).
Guess what was watched on youTube-again-this morning. And don't you just love Kara! I have the bestest friends!!!!
Post a Comment