"For reasons unfathomable to the most experienced prophets in Maycomb County, autumn turned to winter that year. We had two weeks of the coldest weather since 1885, Atticus said. Mr. Avery said it was written on the Rosetta Stone that when children disobeyed their parents, smoked cigarettes and made war on each other, the seasons would change: Jem and I were burdened with the guilt of contributing to the aberrations of nature, thereby causing unhappiness to our neighbors and discomfort to ourselves."
........
"Next morning I awoke, looked out the window and nearly died of fright. My screams brought Atticus from his bathroom half-shaven.
"'The world's endin', Atticus! Please do something----!' I dragged him to the window and pointed.
'No it's not,' he said. 'It's snowing.'"
(To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee)
Here We Are
2 days ago







6 comments:
Wow, beautiful pictures AND a quote from my favorite book. Thanks. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
what beautiful pictures... and i love reading from your blog. but what about your babies. i haven't seen many posts about them on the other one.
also, whenever you are up for a trip to graceland... let me know!! i miss ya bunches.
What beautiful photos. You have a gift. And the excerpt goes perfectly with the photos. Happy New Year!
wow. gorgeous! how did i miss that kind of snow the 3 years we were there?! GREAT quote. my favorite book, too.
That is one of my favorite books! LOVE the pictures too!
I love those pictures! I can't believe it SNOWED in good ol Blythewood!
Post a Comment