Remember yesterday when I said I didn't have anything to blog about?
Well, today's a whole new day. And it didn't start out pretty.
First of all, my mama told me that the S&S Cafeteria in Columbia is closing.
No, no, no. Say it ain't so.
The S&S has always been there - forever. I guess at some point in the last 30 years since I moved away, it moved from downtown out to Richland Mall. But it was still the S&S.
It was there when I worked here.
And it was in walking distance of the hospital when Pop was there.
And my mama loves the S&S Cafeteria.
Just Say it Ain't So.
And my morning progressed with one bit of inconvenient news after another. Not bad news. Just extremely inconvenient news.
Until I felt like Alfalfa. (Slide the whatcha call it thingy over and play minutes 3:52 to 4:07).
But then I went to lunch.
And while I was sitting at the drive-through window, I saw somebody's GG holding her Love Potion #1 and Love Potion #2 by the hands, crossing the parking lot and heading into Wendy's for lunch together.
And it made me think about my Love Potion #1 and Love Potion #2.
And my day got a whole lot better.
And the heavens opened up and God said, "See, I love you GG".
Here We Are
2 days ago







2 comments:
This is sweet. You are so right. I went to your Pop link too. I've never been to S&S (I eat in a cafeteria for 180 days per year) but they made a big deal out of it the paper. It must have been good.
If we never have those 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days' then we might not appreciate the average days so well. Know what I mean?
Thanks
It's the little things. Thanks for reminding me. I heart you GG. :)
(I'm glad my friends have moms that are so cool that I like to think they're mine, too. :) )
Post a Comment