Sunday, January 9, 2011

On the Other Hand

On one hand, my Cricut now has a new home on a recently emptied desktop; whereas, before, I had to pull it in and out of the closet every time I needed to use it.


On the other hand, it's way too quiet in the room where that desktop is.


On one hand, the kiddo is in for new adventures.


On the other hand, my adventures are a sight less adventurous.


On one hand, I'm glad to be living in the electronic age: cell phones, e-mail,......


On the other hand, I hope one of her new classes is: "How to Remember to Keep Your Cell Phone Turned ON 101"


On one hand, she'll stand a better chance (hopefully) of obtaining "gainful employment" with that Master's Degree hanging on the wall.


On the other hand, she's already so much smarter than me that I had to get a dictionary-loaded IPod to keep handy.


On one hand, she's not that far away.


On the other hand, she's away.


But I am glad for her.

8 comments:

cheryl said...

This made me cry! She will do amazing things. You've raised two wonderful daughters who are lucky to have you for their mama.

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

You've already taken over her room & she hasn't even been gone a whole weekend yet? Are you sure she can come home some weekends? Sure she can-because she can come to MY house.

Kara said...

Yeah, Heather told me this morning that you've already put "stuff" in her room. As my momma says, "It's space I need." :)

She's going to be so great and I'm excited for her! Just tell her to keep up with us all, will you?

Dan and Bec said...

What! Way to go Kelly.

Em said...

She's gone?? Wow that was quick!! Now you need to be heading down to the beach...gorgeous pictures to be taken there!!! =0) Road Trip!!!

Tim O'Keefe said...

This is a little cryptic for me but I think I get the gist from the other comments. On one hand I am happy for you. On the other hand...

My son, Devin, just went back to USC. He's been around for a month between semesters. I miss him when he is gone, but it does make his time at home that much more special. There is always something (someone) to miss.

Susanne said...

It's so exciting for her!

mCat said...

Funny how our feelings can be so conflicted!

Good luck to her and even better luck to you!

xoxox