Okay, Blogland, all of you who are Calvin and Hobbes fanatics, raise your hand......
("Me, Me, Me!!!!!)
Remember the one (and I'm citing from memory here, I don't remember which of our multiple Calvin and Hobbes books it's in) where Calvin wakes up and he's awfully quiet and not getting into ANY trouble?
So his mom takes him to the doctor.
And Calvin just sits there and doesn't kick up any kind of a fuss.
And the doctor says, "Nothing like a little virus to take the edge off of a kid."
Well, my weekend edge has been taken off.
I went to work this morning, but gave it up by 3:00 because the Excedrin wore off and I didn't have any more, came home and crawled under oh-so-many layers of covers. I feel like the Princess and the Pea. Only I don't have a pea in my bed, I have a computer and internet and movies and Calvin and Hobbes comic books. I really need a bigger bed.
The hubbo made some homemade chicken noodle soup and fixed me some apple cider, which was all quite delicious. If I had some of Pop's downhome medications he used to give us, I'd be fixed (ever had a fingertip full of Vick's vapor rub shoved in your mouth? I have, and not only did I live to tell about it, I got better. I still decline to try it again now, though)
Know who I'll bet is laughin' about all this though? Our own little Calvin in the Making, Love Potion #2. Know why? Because I got sugar the other night whether he liked it or not and this is the result. Was it worth it? I think so. After all, I'm having supper in bed and a movie marathon. Not to mention the stolen sugar.
Here We Are
2 days ago








5 comments:
You make me smile! You have the best way of putting things. And I have to say that the sugar and a movie marathon in bed is worth it in my opinion. I wish I got get some sugar from that sweet love potion #2.
Sugar is totally worth it! Maybe if it had that effect on me, I would leave it alone more often.
But here's to bed and a movie marathon!
remember the end of that strip-his mom left him a bell to ring if he needed anything, but she kicked him outside and told him he must feel better after he rang it like the school bell and called for her like he was on a cattle-drive. did daddy leave you a bell? i'm glad he's taking care of you, hope you feel better. man-cub is probably still snickering, rotten old thing. squeeze the guts, though.
Nothing's better than a little sugar from the younguns. I say rub the menthol on your neck and chest (my hubby thinks I'm nuts for doing it, but that's what my mom did and it makes me feel better, OK?) and enjoy all those blankets. I'd love to crawl in some about now, but I'll stick to a nice hot cup of cocoa instead. :)
Sorry to tell you but he's not sick so you can't blame it on him!
On another note, ever since the other day when you got sugar he's been randomly saying, "No Gigi, No" over I don't know what. When you're nowhere around.
AND, what about the drippings of burning fat lighter? Wasn't that one of Grandpa's remedies too? What was that one for?
Post a Comment