Know what I hate most about going to the dentist?
a) Getting settled in the chair with the hygienist's hands in your mouth so that you can't get up and look in a mirror because all of a sudden you're wondering if your nose is really as clean as you thought it was before you came in;
b) and then there's the part where the dentist comes in and says that you have a back tooth that has a cavity so close to the root that the tooth has to come out (very soon) and you have 3 options: 1) get the tooth pulled and have a hole there, 2) get the tooth pulled and a bridge done to the tune of $3,000, or 3) get the tooth pulled and get a tooth implant to the tune of $4,500.00
choices, choices (or not - hello Mr. Hole in my Mouth)
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
5 days ago







2 comments:
So sorry! As one with many a tooth problem I empathize with you. I had to get two root canals on back teeth and it left me wishing I'd have kept my wisdom teeth too.
What DOESN'T the dentist and hygienist see when they are digging around that close to your face? Like you, I am always wondering if I have cleaned my ears, how is my breath, etc. And no matter how clean you THINK your nose is, you know they can see as far back as your brain.
On the other hand, when you have to take out what amounts to a car loan to pay off you bill, they are probably seeing $$$ pretty clearly as well. As in, "Ah, here is my oldest child's first semester college tuition sitting here, with his mouth wedged open, he can't even answer anything but a yes or no question."
Post a Comment