Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Random

Due to popular demand.......(okay, okay, my mama asked me this morning why I haven't put anything new on the blog for a week)........here is a new post.


Except I don't have anything to post.


Except I can't really say that because the last time I posted something to that effect, I had a really Alexander kind of a day the next day and I don't need that again.


Therefore, I don't dare say I don't have anything to post.


So here's the sum of my thoughts today so my mama will have something new to ponder on.


1) Why are there people in this world who are mean and nasty and choose the nice people to pick on??? I'm just saying is all. Just because you're a short ex-Marine who likes to bully people to make yourself feel taller, don't take it out on my kid or anybody else's kid who's just trying to get through school and get a decent job.


2) How is it that there can be the blizzard of all blizzards over half of the country, and then be 70 degrees where the rest of us are? Believe me, I'm not complaining - just amazed that it can happen like that.


3) When do you feel like you have all the right answers that you thought your mama and daddy had when they were this age?


4) Where can you get Red Devil lye these days in case you want to make your own lye soap? How long would it take for me to save up enough bacon grease to make a batch of lye soap?


5) Why is it that the noise under your hood is available for everybody to hear except the mechanic at the Toyota place? Why does it stop the minute you pull up in the Toyota parking lot?


6) How can I be so sleepy at 10:30 in the morning and so wide awake at 4:30 in the morning?


7) How is it that when I'm browsing through Barnes and Noble, I really and truly think I have the time to read all those books I want to take home with me?


8) Why won't Love Potion #2 let me get sugar off of him?


9) Seriously, is retirement ever going to be an option for me?


10) Why does chocolate taste so good?


Now, call my mama and blame her for this.

Update:  After the kiddo left a comment, I had to add the following as per her answer to Random Question #5:


4 comments:

Kelly said...

I have absolutely no answer for the first question, wish I did. (except I'm not really that nice....thank you, though:))
2.because there was a land to the south called Bountiful. 3.because feeling you have the answer doesn't even really mean anything; you usually don't even when you feel like you do. 4.the way the mancub and his dad eat meat, it won't take long to save up 5.because its like that old cartoon when the frog would dance and sing when no one but the owner was around and then sit there and occasionally croak when the owner tried to prove it 6.because your circadian rythym is screwed up. and because you were awake at 4:30 (call me at five prompt and I'll be awake, after going to bed at 1:30) 7.because we are related. 8.because he's a 'rrrraaaaaahhhhrrrr' typical guy. 9.you're closer than i am, use that when you need cheering up 10.because of all the other questions.

Kelly said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfrJzkpzCyg&NR=1

mCat said...

I have no answers for you, but I will say that I love how you still call your parents Mommy and Daddy.

I dig that

Tim O'Keefe said...

Hi, I ain't no sage, but...

1) The human condition. Sadly. She'll be fine.
2) a. Global climate change. Believe it. b. Big country.
3) I'm assuming that they were faking it a lot of the time.
4) Hmmm Stumped me on this one. Don't EVER watch "Fight Club", OK? Promise me.
5) I know, right? So unfair. The human condition?
6) Active minds like ours run on their own rhythms. The rest of the world has it wrong.
7) So many books, so little time, so unfair.
8) I wish I knew.
9) It's like a rainbow, know what I mean? The closer you seem to get to it, the farther it moves away. So unfair.
10) ARRGGgghh!! A blessing and a curse.

Although I just read the other day of the wonderful health benefits of dark chocolate.