Friday, February 11, 2011

I Need a Hero, or Why I Work with Men

I'll tell you why. 


Remember how I've been out sick most of the week? 


So I go in yesterday afternoon for a half a day and when I got there,  there was some odd odor around my desk.  I didn't see anything so I went on about my business. 


However, when I got there this morning, the smell was potent, let me tell you.  I looked that desk over, looked on the floor, looked in ever nook and cranny.  Know what I finally found in a drawer that had nothing but paper receipts stuck in it?  A little hole at the back of the drawer with the back half of a dead mouse staring at me.  Makes me wanna throw up now just thinking about it.


And yes I did pull out the sissy, girlie girl card and made the man person get it out for me.


There is, after all, a certain order to the universe. 

5 comments:

Kara said...

AMEN, SISTA! My single friend once agonized over a garbage can that had dead mouse parts stuck to the bottom of it (she didn't find it for a few days--ICK!). When I told her that I'd just buy a new can, she thought I was a genius!

No, my friend. I am not a genius. I'm a sissy. And I have my limits. Scraping dead mouse parts off the bottom of a garbage can is most definitely across the line.

Kara said...

P.S. the only reason I mention my friend was single is because there was no man to clean it up for her. :)

cheryl said...

I would have been hollering for a man too!

Tim O'Keefe said...

No peanut butter? No cheese? No bread? What kind of self-respecting mouse craves paper receipts? A sick one, I guess.

You owe the man person a girlie thing like brownies or cookies.

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Ha! Ha! Love Tim's comment!

Yeah, they have to earn the cook and maid service somehow (or at the office the Gloria's sick today?! What are we going to do?). You've got some good guys there!

Maybe he deserves some crockpot cake and ice-cream.