"Oh, you've lost 1/2 an ounce, Mrs. R, you finally went on and coughed up that lung, did you?"
Next time I'm going to stand on the scales backwards. I'll still have to hear her moving the little weights back and forth, but at least I won't have to watch her. "Whoops, looks like this top one is as far over as it will go, just let me move this bottom one over a little more."
Then what does she do? Takes you in a room and CHECKS YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE. Now, what in the daylights do ya reckon has happened to your blood pressure after you just got off the scales? Hmmm.
What I want to know is, do they all gather in the "Nurses Lounge" and talk about us after we leave? All you nurses out there - 'fess up - "Enquiring" minds want to know.
Anyway, moving right along.
I am such a sucker for books. Some people have their cocaine, I have my books. All kinds. Some of my favorites are poetry books (and quote books). When I taught Friday morning Seminary (Scripture Mastery Day), I liked to put up a quote of the day. Anyway, I got in a new poetry book today that I had ordered, so you know I have to share
At Twenty
At twenty I knew, and I knew I knew -
While at thirty, I wasn't sure.
At forty I knew that I didn't know
A lot I had known before.
At fifty I sigh, and wonder how
One who had known so much so young,
Can know so little now.
Daphne Jemmett







1 comment:
Hope your feeling better soon! I bet they do gossip about us, "boy that one just seems to go up every time she comes in." Ha ha!!! Love the poem!!
Post a Comment